Edge Hill University, UK, has just launched its annual Graduate Teaching Assistant scheme: the PhD studentship package includes full waiver of tuition fees, a monthly stipend, free accommodation or money in lieu, and regular teaching experience on BA degree programmes. Twelve studentships will be awarded across the Faculty of Arts & Sciences, and the English subject area has advertised the following themes:
- Nineteenth-century print culture
- Digital humanities: Gothic studies
- Romanticism / the long eighteenth century
- New media: gender and sexuality
- English language: critical discourse studies employing corpus-based techniques (gender and sexuality, asylum/immigration, religion, politics)
- Film studies: Hollywood cinema in context, fantasy and fairy-tale cinema, American Civil War films and popular culture
The closing date is 18 March (2 p.m.), and interviews will be held in April.