CFP for an anthology titled The Transcendent Immanence: The Generative Aesthetic of the King James Bible. I have several articles already as well as an interested publisher, but I feel that the anthology is not complete. Interdisciplinary in scope, its focus is identifying major thought and significant tours de force generated through the appropriation of the King James Bible. Suggested topics are below, and others are invited but not on Victorian literature because that’s covered.
- The KJB and Art or the KJB and the Pre-Raphaelites
- The KJB and Slavery in Britain and America
- The KJB and Victorian Medicine
- The KJB and British Imperialism
- The KJB and Western Colonization
- The KJB and Romanticism (German, American, English, or All Three)
- The KJB and Political Rhetoric
- The KJB and War
Submit a 250-word abstract or a paper of about 7,000 words in the MLA style directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 25.
Brenda Ayres, PhD
Professor of English and Assistant Director of Honors
1971 University BL
DH 3310Lynchburg, VA 24502